jueves

Project's evaluation. The students speak. Evaluación de los estudiantes participantes en el proyecto

The students participating in this Comenius-etwinning project gave their opinions on their participation. Here are some of them:

Los estudiantes participantes en este proyecto eTwinning hicieron una evaluación de su participación en el mismo, a continuación presentamos algunas de esas evaluaciones:

Click here to read the opinions of Antonio Machado's students after the visit of their Icelandic partners

Here you can read the opinions of the Icelandic students

Visit from students from Spain
September 4-16th we had Spanish students from Alcalá visit us in Versló. Everybody had a very good time. There are vast differences between the students from sepperate nationalities. For example, in Spain we had to be very careful to turn the lights off every time we left a room, even though it was only for a few minutes. Also, when in Spain it is a custom to turn the water off while shampooing your hair because the water is so expensive. At first we forgot to remember these things, but a few days into our visit we were carefull not to forget such important things, and therefore avoided being rude.
When the Spanish kids came to Iceland they felt very strange at first that the lights were always turned on and noone turned off the sink while brushing their teeth. They also experienced many fun things, for example when they visited Gullfoss and Geysir and went to the Blue Lagoon. They felt very lucky to be able to witness such wonderfull things and were blown away when they saw northern lights, something that Icelanders take for granted.
The communication was at time difficult for the Spanish and Icelandic students because the Spanish didn‘t speak English very well and the Icelanders didn‘t speak fluent Spanish. However, everyone got well along and this is definitely something that we will remember for a long time. I had a very good time with my classmates in Spain and enjoyed their company here. I think that everybody should have the oppurtunity to experience foreign exchange sometime.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --


Visitors from Spain
These past twelve days has my class had around twenty five spanish students visiting. Everyone had one partner that stayed at our house.
They arrived in Iceland on May 5th. The first Sunday we showed them around Reykjavík central and took them to a café. During the week, when we were in our normal classes in school, they visited many museums and swimming pools. We took them down town partying in the weekend and they liked it. We showed the places like Perlan, Nauthólmsvík, Gullfoss og Geysir, several ice-cream shops and Heiðmörk. They also went on a two day trip to the south of Iceland. It was very good to get two days off to relax.
The spanish students are very different from us icelandic. Our way of life is so much more different then theirs, for example almost all of us can drive so it was much easier for us to meet up with other people. Many of us also got the feeling that the Spanish students didn´t like anything we were showing them, but they told us they liked it very much. I think we all learned a lot from this visit for example to be patients and organized.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


A visit from Spanish students to Iceland
At one o‘clock by night time the 5th of September we, the Icelandic students, were waiting at Leifstöð airport to meet our Spanish partners. We were excited to see how their stay here in Iceland would be. Few minutes past one o’clock they arrived very happy to finally be in Iceland, but also very exhausted from the long trip. When my partner and I were driving from the airport I noticed that she was very fascinated by the landscape here, which is very different from Spain. I also visited some tourist places with her, like Gullfoss and Geysir, and she enjoyed that. After her stay here in Iceland and my stay in Spain I have noticed that the Spanish kids aren’t as independent as the Icelandic kids.
But after all, I improved my Spanish a lot from their trip to Iceland.
------------------------------------------------------------------ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
Inviting a Spanish person to live with you for two weeks has it benefits and disadvantages. You learn allot about the cultural differences between the countries. It’s a unique opportunity to learn grow and develop understanding towards different cultures and manners.
I think the Spanish are better at saving the energy and the water. We are not used to doing that because we are so lucky to have excess to cheap water and electricity something they do not have. But what I liked most about the exchange was that even though we had difference we became good friends and learn to accept different manners. I learn allot about Spanish culture and I got to understand it in a way I never could by reading books about Spanish culture.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- The INTERCAMBIO
The intercambio project has been a lot of fun. All the friends I have made and the fun things we have done, I will never forget this extraordinary experience. Not all people can be so lucky and get to travel free to other countries and meet so many wonderful people, it is a privilege and I think that Comenius is doing a very good job by offering scholarships to help us visiting and learning other traditions. Because of this project work we now have good connection with people from Spain and can go visit them anytime we want. By entering their lives we have learned their ways of life and tried other things that we maybe wouldn’t have tried elsewhere. By this experience I have grown as a person and now I am a more confident and self-conscious about myself. By the visit from the Spanish people to Iceland I believe that they have also grown and matured…. It was very difficult for me to say goodbye to the Spanish kids, they have almost all become so very close friends of mine and I am going to miss them very much. I think I have been very lucky that I got two Spanish girls to my home because of my twin sister. I got to know her partner Roxana very well and we have become like sisters. They both helped be to improve my Spanish and me and my sister have helped them to learn more English.
So although we have had some up and downs and sometimes didn’t understand each other, I am glad to say that this has been a wonderful experience which I am never going to forget.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The most positive thing I got from this exchange was all the friends I have now. I know so many great people that I will never forget. My Spanish has also improved immensely and I owe that to my Spanish friends who let me make my mistakes and corrected me. I am so glad I got to participate in this program because this is an experience I will never forget.


And these are the opinions of the Spanish students after their visit to Iceland.